Where we are
L-NESS Politecnico di Milano
Via Anzani 42
To reach the main L-NESS site in Como:
- From Como San Giovanni railway station (Italian National Railways):
- The most convenient is to take bus number 7, which stops in front of the station. Tickets can be bought in the station bar. Get off at the second stop on Via Castelnuovo, just after the railway underpass. Continuing in the same direction on foot, take the 1st street on the right (Via Valeggio) then again right after 50 m into Via Anzani. The L-NESS is located on your left side after approximately 100 m.
- From Como Nord Borghi railway station (Lombardy Regional Railways):
- Exiting from the station, turn left onto Via Aldo Moro, continue up to the intersection with Via Castelnuovo. Carry on straight into Via Palestra then take the first left (Via Anzani). The L-NESS is located at the intersection between Via Anzani and Via Palestro.
- Milan Malpensa
- Milan Malpensa is served by its own railway station on the North Milan network. Change at Saronno for Como. This makes Malpensa the most convenient airport for reaching Como by public transport. It is also the easiest for those who wish to rent a car.
- Milan Linate
- There is a shuttle bus which reaches Milano Centrale railway station in about 30 minutes.
- Bergamo Orio al Serio
- There is a shuttle bus which reaches Milano Centrale railway station in about 60 minutes.
The L-NESS is affiliated with two other institutions:
- Dipartimento di Fisica del Politecnico di Milano, Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32, 20133 Milano
- Scanning Auger Microscopy
- UHV growth and electron spectroscopy of magnetic structures
- SPM (AFM, MFM, SNOM)
- femtosecond extended UV lasers
- Dipartimento di Scienza dei Materiali della Università di Milano Bicocca, Via Cozzi 53, 20125 Milano
- Photoluminescence and Raman spectroscopy
- Spectral response
- FTIR spectrometry
- Fast workstations for atomistic simulations
Copyright © 2010 L-NESS Como
Last updated: 14th May 2013